- Children's Internet Safety
- Governors Newsletters
- Home School Agreement
- Parents Voice
- PTA Newsletters
- School Newsletters
- Term Dates
Children's Internet Safety
At Worth Primary School we work with our children to ensure they are safe when using new technologies. It is important that we have your cooperation at home. Please use the links below which provide a wealth of information to assist in keeping your children safe online.
Home School Agreement
Parents as Partners
Parents are children’s first and most important educators. When parents and school staff
work together the results have a positive impact on the child’s development and learning. We
seek to develop an effective partnership with parents through developing a two way flow of
information, knowledge and expertise which is based upon respect for one another.
The home/school agreement sets out our commitment to each other in order to achieve a
successful partnership. By signing up to the home school agreement parents sign up to the
values of the school family.
Parents commit to:
• Ensure their child attends well, arrives on time and is collected on time.
• Encourage a positive attitude toward school and learning in their child.
• Support school in the expectation of good behaviour and promote the school behaviour
rules and policy.
• Show respect to the professionals in school accepting that they have a deep
understanding of education and child development and model that respect for them as
professionals to the children.
• Ensure that children wear school uniform, school shoes and have PE kit.
• Support children in home learning set by the teacher.
• Behave respectfully toward local residents in the community.
Professionals in school commit to:
• Treat parents with respect and provide them with opportunities to communicate.
• Empathise with any difficulties the child or parent is having and be supportive.
• Open the gate on time at the beginning and end of the school day.
• Provide a quality education
• Have high expectations of all pupils
• Provide a secure, stimulating environment
• Develop a positive attitude to learning
• Provide opportunities to enable all children to succeed
• Establish a school that is at the heart of the local community
The child commits to:
• Take good care of the school and equipment.
• Show care and consideration for others.
• Follow the school rules for behaviour.
• Try their best in all activities.
• Talk to a school adult if there is anything that is preventing them from doing their best
or being happy at school.
Working with you.. the parents
At Worth School we are committed to involving and broadening parents communication and involvement with the school, and to promote our school’s values.
How do I get involved?
There are a number of ways – you can join us as a Governor, by working as a valuable member of our PTA, through running school clubs and being involved in our school projects.
The PTA does invaluable work for our school and we hope that all parents enjoy supporting the events organised by them such as the Christmas fair, school sponsored events and buying our school jute bag. They play an important role in fund raising to buy resources for the school and providing financial support for school trips. Additionally the PTA are parents just like you and so provide a fantastic way of contributing the voice of parents within the school.
We are always looking for parents to run after-school clubs to widen the experiences of our children such as through cookery, sports clubs, gardening etc.
We engage in projects which we encourage community input – such as the design of our new playgrounds and supporting and shaping our whole school ethos and behaviour policy.
How do I get in touch with Governors?
You can speak to any of our governors when you see them and they will bring your comments to the full Governing Body meetings or you can leave a note for our Chair of Governors in the school office.
School Term and Holiday Dates 2016-2017
NB- HOLIDAYS WILL NOT BE AUTHORISED DURING TERM TIME AS IT IS NOW ILLEGAL TO DO SO.
Monday 5th June Beginning of term 6
Friday 16th June Training day 3
Monday 19th June Training day 4
Thursday 20th July End of term 6
Friday 21st July Training day 5
School Term and Holiday Dates 2017-2018
Monday 4th September Inset day 1
Tuesday 5th September Beginning of term 1
Friday 20th October End of term 1
Monday 30th October Inset day 2
Tuesday 31st October Beginning of term 2
Wednesday 20th December End of term 2
Thursday 4th January Beginning of term 3
Friday 9th February End of term 3
Monday 19th February Beginning of term 4
Thursday 29th March End of term 4
Monday 16th April Beginning of term 5
Friday 25th May End of term 5
Monday 4th June Inset day 3
Tuesday 5th June Beginning of term 6
Friday 20th July End of term 6
Monday 23rd & Tuesday 24th July Inset days 4 & 5